Another cover that was worked, reworked, etc.
The initial draft was based on poster designs from the 1930's. I did a rough version (incomplete faces and hands on the figures, illustrated in Adobe Illustrator with textures added in Photoshop), but it was thought that it looked a bit too cartoonish.
After a few more drafts, we ended up with the final, which brings together several scenes and themes from the book. I used several photo elements, including one photo I took myself (the figure with the spear). The end result looks a bit more "Narnia" and less retro. The author was a great help in identifying things that needed to be on the cover.
lines and colors :: a blog about drawing, painting, illustration, comics, concept art and other visual arts